Rationale: Reduced budgets and the need to connect locally have made a centralized, two-day conference expensive and restricts partner participation.
Proposal: CAEPA provides support for regionalized conferences. Programs can apply to host a conference and CAEPA can support through advertising, registration, logistics, and finances.
Advantages for Programs:
- Financial support for local efforts
- Lower cost for conference attendance (travel and hotel)
- Can still invite outside presenters (proposal could fund them)
- Can still attend other regional conferences
- Local partners more likely to attend
- Focus can be on what the region needs
- Timing can best meet regional needs (travel, breaks, etc.)
Obligations for Programs:
- Must write a proposal to receive CAEPA funding
- Must allow for all CAEPA members statewide to attend if desired
- Must provide follow-up data (attendees and evaluations)
- Must have local support for logistics (registration, food, space, etc.)
- Support through online registration and/or fee collection and then forward to host program
- Share the workload as we have board members in most parts of the state
- Create a clearinghouse of top speakers by topic
- Connect with relevant vendors for additional resources
- Make the application process simple and streamlined so some regions may host multiple mini-conferences each year
NOTE: This is a proposal only. ==No decisions have been made.== To share your opinions, please attend the CAEPA business meeting on Friday morning at 8:00.